This program of « Golden Visa » launched by the Portuguese government in October 2012, allows foreigners living outside the European Union to acquire a residence permit in Portugal, and this thanks to a specific investment, as stipulated in the said law.
It will then be possible for the holder of this document to enter and settle in Portugal as well as to circulate freely in the member states of the Schengen area.
Intended to attract foreign funds, this program, very clear and flexible, involves simple requirements. With a very low minimum stay requirement, this Golden Visa is one of the most attractive in the world due to its residential advantages.
Obtaining the Golden Visa
Acquisition of property
- Minimum investment of € 500,000 (euros)
- Purchase of at least one property
- Possibility of co-ownership
- Transfer of a minimum of 1,000,000 € (euros) to a Portuguese bank
- The funds transferred must come from abroad
- Total freedom of transferred funds
- Creation of at least 10 jobs
- No minimum investment requirement
- Free choice of business sector
- Compliance with social security obligations
- Possibility of subsidies / benefits
Conditions to respect
- Maintain the investment for a minimum of 5 years
- The funds invested must come from abroad
- It is necessary to hold a passport and a Schengen visa
- No incidents from Portuguese immigration services or Schengen services
- No criminal convictions
- A minimum stay of 7 days in Portugal the first year, then 14 days the next 2 years